To become a male air hostess you usually have to meet certain requirements of the airline you are applying to. These requirements can vary but may include age, education, physical ability, language skills, and customer service skills.
Did you know that the term “male air hostess” is not appropriate to use because it is not an accurate or respectful way to describe men who work as flight attendants? In the aviation industry, men working as flight attendants are commonly referred to as “flight attendants” or “cabin crew”.
To apply for a position as a male cabin crew, you must submit a resume and cover letter and may be required to attend an interview. It’s a competitive field, so it’s important to put your best foot forward in the application process. You may also consider completing a training program or earning a degree in hospitality or a related field to increase your chances of being hired as a male air hostess.
Basic Requirement Criteria of Male Cabin Crew
- All the applicants must be at least 18 years old to work as a male cabin crew.
- Education Qualification: Many airlines require cabin crew to have a high school diploma or equivalent. Some may also require a college degree.
- Physical Requirements: To become a male air hostess, you must meet certain physical requirements, such as being able to reach overhead bins (170 cm to 173 cm height) and lift luggage, and being able to pass a physical test.
- Language skills: Many airlines require cabin crew to be fluent in English and at least one other language.
- Customer service skills: As cabin crew, you will interact with a variety of groups and must have excellent customer service skills.
- Applicant not allowed any visible tattoos or body art after wearing airline uniform.
Job Responsibilities of Flight Steward
- Welcoming passengers on board the aircraft and directing them to their seats
- Checking boarding passes and making sure passengers are seated in the correct locations
- Providing passengers with information about the flight, such as the duration, route, and any delays
- Assisting passengers with any special needs, such as providing assistance to those with disabilities or those traveling with young children
- Demonstrating emergency procedures and assisting passengers in the event of an emergency
- Serving meals and drinks to passengers
- Handling passenger complaints and requests
- Maintaining the cleanliness of the cabin
Follow the Steps to Become a Male Air Hostess
- Meet the minimum requirements set by the airline you are interested in working for These requirements may include age, education, physical ability, language skills, and customer service skills.
- Submit a resume and cover letter to the airline. Be sure to highlight any relevant experience or education you have, such as customer service experience or a hospitality degree.
- Attend an interview with the airline. It can be an in-person interview or a virtual interview depending on the airline and the current situation.
- Complete any required training. If you are offered a position as a flight steward, you will usually be required to complete a training program. This can include both classroom and hands-on training to prepare you for your role as a flight steward.
- No required certification or license was obtained. Depending on the country you’ll be working in and the specific airline you’re working for, you may need to obtain specific certifications or licenses to work as a flight steward.
Male Air Hostess Salary And Benefits in 2023
In general, the salary of an air hostess can vary significantly based on the airline and the country in which you work. Some airlines may offer higher salaries and better benefits than others. Additionally, an air hostess’ salary can be affected by factors such as the type of aircraft they are working on, the length of the flight they are working, and the number of hours they are working.
In the United States, the median annual salary for a flight attendant in May 2020 was $56,000, according to the US Bureau of Labor Statistics. However, this number may vary based on specific airlines and other factors.
It’s a good idea to research the salary and benefits of the specific airline you’re interested in working for to get a better idea of what you can earn as an air hostess.
Below I have listed some benefits which you will get from your airline as an air hostess:
- Health Insurance: Many airlines offer health insurance plans for their employees, including cabin crew.
- Retirement benefits: Some airlines may offer their employees retirement benefits, such as a 401(k) plan.
- Paid Time Off Cabin crew may be eligible for paid vacation time, sick leave, and other types of leave.
- Travel Perks: Many airlines offer their cabin crew members discounted or free travel on their own airlines and sometimes on partner airlines as well.
- Training and development opportunities: Many airlines offer training and development opportunities to their cabin crew, including opportunities to learn new skills and advance their careers.
- Employee Assistance Programs: Some airlines may offer programs to help their employees with issues such as stress, financial concerns, or legal issues.
If you want to become commercial pilot then here you can read this article for step by step guide.
How to Apply for Cabin Crew Jobs for Male
- Research the specific requirements and application process for the airline you are interested in working for. Many airlines have specific requirements for cabin crew, such as age, education, language skills, and physical ability.
- Prepare your application materials. To apply for a cabin crew position you will normally be required to submit a resume and cover letter. Be sure to highlight any relevant experience or education you have, such as customer service experience or a hospitality degree.
- Submit your application. Follow the instructions provided by the airline to submit your application materials. You can submit your application online or by mail.
- Participate in an interview. If your application is selected for further consideration, you may be invited to participate in an interview with the airline. It can be an in-person interview or a virtual interview depending on the airline and the current situation.
- Complete any required training. If you are offered a position as a cabin crew, you will usually be required to complete a training program. This can include both classroom and hands-on training to prepare you for your role as cabin crew.
- No required certification or license was obtained. Depending on the country you’ll be working in and the specific airline you’re working for, you may need to obtain specific certifications or licenses to work as a cabin crew.
Note – check out the recent update for commercial pilot job vacancies in Singapore airlines.
Below I have provided you with some direct links to the latest flight attendant vacancies in Airlines:
Emirates Airline – Apply Now
Qatar Airways – Apply Now
Etihad airways – Apply Now
British Airways – Apply Now
Vistara Airline – Apply Now
Air India – Apply Now
United Airlines – Apply Now
American Airline – Apply Now
Air Asia – Apply Now
Here you can get the cabin crew interview question and answer list for fresher in 2023.
Friends, I hope this information will help you to become a male air hostess after completing your schooling. Just you need to read the above information correctly and then go for the next step and apply for a commercial pilot job online.
So, if you have any more queries on this topic or related to aviation jobs or the aviation industry please feel free to contact me. Also, you can contact me on my Facebook page or YouTube channel for more information.
Call Center /Sales & Marketing /Sales support (Commercial operations)
Excellent communication, working knowledge of Telecom Call Center/Sales & Marketing and airline industry. Skilled in handling and maintaining customer information. High patience with an ability to handle angry passengers professionally.