Airport Jobs in Uganda by [CAA] in 2020
Website UGANDA CIVIL AVIATION AUTHORITY
Uganda Civil Aviation Authority (UCAA) is a corporate body responsible for the regulation of civil aviation in the country. It manages Entebbe International Airport (EIA) and thirteen (13) other upcountry aerodromes. UCAA carries out its work in conformity with the International Civil Aviation Organization (ICAO) Standards and Recommended Practices (SARPs). The Authority now plans to recruit suitably qualified Ugandans of impeccable integrity and commitment to fill the position in its establishment in the Directorates of Safety, Security and Economic Regulation and Airports and Aviation Security as detailed below:
Job Title – Senior Licensing Officer – Personnel
Job Ref ID – CAA/ADV/EXT/04/2020
Vacancies Position – 01
Salary Grade – 11
To discharge responsibilities normally organized around five major functional areas:
- Examinations (flight crew, aircraft maintenance personnel, air traffic controller, etc)
- Aircraft maintenance engineer’s license.
- At least 3 years’ experience in Aircraft Maintenance or Inspections in a reputable Civil Aviation or Airline.
- Must be computer literate
- Good knowledge of relevant ICAO standards and practices.
- Should be under 55 years of age.
- Note: Those who had applied for this position earlier need not apply.
Planning, budgeting, and review process –
- Participates and makes contributions to ensures that Business Plan provisions contain adequate allocations for the department’s requirements.
Licensing Aviation Personnel –
- Maintains an up-to-date, efficient, and secure personnel record system for licensing, certification, designation, approval, and authorization actions.
- Participates in setting and scheduling of examinations both practical and oral;
- Processes all license forms and prepares licenses for official signatures;
- Administers language proficiency examination, as required;
- Coordinates with the medical examiner of the UCAA those aspect related to a medical examination and the issuance of medical assessments, in compliance with the Civil Aviation (Personnel Licensing) Regulations;
- Evaluation of foreign licenses and certificates, and military pilot qualifications, and taking appropriate action, including consultation with the State of Issue;
Human Resource Management –
- Supervises the section’s staff and ensures correct manning levels in accordance with operating standards
- Proposes input in attraction, retention, motivation, and staff development.
Carries out any other lawful assignment allocated by the immediate Supervisor –
- The jobholder is cooperative and readily responds to any ad hoc tasks assigned to him.
To apply for this job please visit caa.go.ug.