Uganda Airline Jobs [Cabin Crew, 2021]
Website Uganda Airline
A Cabin Crew Purser is responsible for the safety and comfort of passengers on Uganda Airlines flights. He/ she will be responsible for preparing the aircraft cabins for flights. He/ She is the front line representative of the company to the passengers.
- Provide customer service to passengers while ensuring their safety and comfort throughout the flight.
- Deal with security and emergency situations that may arise on board, including administering first aid on board.
- Ensure that all emergency equipment is in working order prior to the flight and that there are adequate supplies on board.
- Assist passengers aboard the plane and give a demonstration of safety procedures and equipment.
- Ensure passenger comfort on board to enhance a pleasant flight experience
- Supervise Cabin Crew on a flight to ensure a smooth flight and customer comfort.
Uganda Airline Flight Attendant Requirement Criteria
- A minimum of Uganda Advanced Certificate of Education (“A” Level).
- Fluency in all four skills of English (understanding, speaking, reading, writing).
- The ability to speak another language (e.g. Kiswahili or French) is an added advantage.
- A Certificate from a recognized aviation training organization for Cabin Crew Purser.
- Pleasing personality, at least 30 years old, and good eyesight.
- Height between 5feet 2inches (1.57m) and 6feet 2inches (1.88m) with minimum arm reach of 6feet 11inches (2.12m) while standing on tiptoes.
- No visible tattoos or body piercing. Tattoos or piercings must not be visible on the body or through uniform clothing and CANNOT be covered up with make-up or plasters.
- Must successfully pass a functional assessment.
- Must know and be able to swim at least 50 meters.
- Holder of a valid passport and a National ID.
- Be able to provide satisfactory references and ready to undergo a Criminal Record Check.
- Should be healthy and ready to undergo a medical examination.
- Be able to work shifts (within the local legal limits and per ICAO Standards and Recommended Practices) covering any part of the 24 hours of the day as may be required by the company for the entire career. Flexible availability within the said hours will be required.
- Prior experience as a Cabin Purser for a minimum of 3 years’ operating international routes on a wide-body aircraft like A330, A350, B777, is a must.
- Maturity, high ethics, and integrity.
- Good training and coaching skills.
- A confident, independent, articulate, and reliable personality.
- Ability to work under tight deadlines and for long hours.
- Ability to deliver high-quality outputs with minimal supervision
To apply for this job please visit careers.ugandairlines.com.