Website United Airline
The Finance department, which manages the company’s budgets, forecasts, and investments, and provides an analysis of our financial performance and strategies.
This position is based in Cyber Greens, DLF Phase 3, Gurgaon, Haryana, India and it will handle the South Africa finance operations.
This position reports to the Sr Manager Regional Finance and Accounting
Supervise the day to day accounting and administration functions to ensure proper internal controls, compliance to local government/ company policies & requirements, implementing efficient finance and accounting procedures for the country. Additionally, develop staff by coaching them or provide adequate training to improve process effectiveness. In addition, this role provides management information and administrative support to regional departments. Local understanding of the law is imperative for the success of this position. Work with business partners to ensure compliance with the Company’s policies and procedures.
- Supervises/ performs daily local accounting (AR, AP administration, payroll, reconciliation, budgeting) and administration (statutory reporting, treasury/cash forecasting, tax/VAT reporting and compliance, facility management) functions and represents United in dealing with IATA, bankers, and tax authorities in-country
- Ensures development and implementation of adequate internal financial controls in order to safeguard company assets, verify the accuracy and reliability of accounting data and promote operational efficiency and adherence to management policy and local government requirements
- Coordinate with City Ticket office and Airport office related to the ticket sales report, cash collection verification, and Internal controls
- Reconcile BSP and Cargo sales and ensure timely receipts
- Coordinates with Regional Office and to resolve accounting and system-related problems and streamline work processes to meet predefined
Note – This position is offered on local terms and conditions. Expatriate assignments and sponsorship for employment visas, even on a time-limited visa status, will not be awarded.
- Commerce Graduate from a reputed University
- Accounting Certification
- At least 5-6 years of experience in accounting
- Intermediate to advance level knowledge of MS Excel and presentation skills
- Good communicator, Analytical skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Fluency in English and local language (written and oral)
- Knowledge of Local Tax and corporate laws and regulations
15% travel potential
- Must be legally authorized to work in India for any employer without sponsorship
- Successful completion of the interview required to meet job qualification
- Reliable, punctual attendance is an essential function of the position
- Airline industry experience
- 2 years experience with subordinates
- Knowledge of international operations
- Processes and metrics-driven personality
To apply for this job please visit careers.united.com.