- Job Location Dorval, QC, Canada
- Salary N/A INR N/A Month
- Hiring Organization Air Canada
- Job Title Director Station Operator
- Apply Link
Job Description of Air Canada Vacancy
Are you passionate about reaching new heights, teamwork, and making a meaningful contribution? Do you see yourself as a valued member of an industry-leading organization? If you answered these questions, Air Canada is seeking enthusiasts to join a diverse and vibrant team working together to lead the development and expansion of Canada’s flag carrier.
The Director, Station Operations – YUL is accountable for the safe, effective leadership and overall management of our Montreal Hub. This challenging role requires a person with a strong commitment to safety, employee engagement, and customer service excellence. The individual must possess a thorough knowledge of end to end airport operations processes and procedures. The individual within this role must be creative, have a passion for change, and possess good communication skills as well as be able to work effectively with all levels of both internal and external organizations.
- Embrace and promote the Air Canada Flight Path.
- Develop and maintain a proactive safety and security culture for employees, customers, and company assets that effectively demonstrates the value “Safety First, Always”.
- Assume the leadership of the YUL Station, ensure compliance with IOSA, SMS, and other applicable authorities including a strong partnership with Corporate Safety.
- Develop and lead the Station Safety Plan and ensures consistent, high performance and adherence to plan.
- Responsible for the administration and execution of the Station Emergency Response Plan (SERP).
- Ensure Safety and Security standards are adhered to, practiced consistently, and monitored.
- Effectively lead the overall YUL Airports management team.
- Determine, approve, implement, and communicate the YUL Airport Operations strategies, detailed safety, and business plans, policies, organizational structure, goals, responsibilities, and metrics in support of a top-ten, global airport customer experience.
- Anticipate, identify, and resolve service and operational problems, with a results-oriented approach to Safety, Security, and Performance.
- Manage a largely unionized workforce affiliated with UNIFOR and the IAM&AW.
- Maintain a professional and engaged relationship with Union Representatives and effectively manage labor relations at the station level.
- Counsel, develop and motivate his/her team of airport operations professionals through example, and be accountable for all activities related to the YUL Hub.
- Act as a change facilitator for process and procedural improvement to achieve or exceed service and performance standards.
- Identify and implement solutions that support the continuous improvement and achievement of department, station, branch, and corporate goals.
- Engage management and frontline employees to fully participate in process improvement exercises and encourage ongoing feedback.
- Accountable to ensure the required resources, equipment, and facilities are in place to achieve established safety, customer experience, and operational targets.
- Manage positive, effective working relationships with 3rd party vendors and agencies; including but not limited to; Regional Partners, Transport Canada, CBSA, USCBP, CATSA, and local Police agencies.
- Develop and maintain a positive, effective, strategic business relationship with Aéroports de Montréal.
- Ensure the alignment of station goals with corporate goals and objectives.
- Communicate goals, objectives, and expectations to all Air Canada employees.
- Ensure regular, ongoing communication between management and frontline staff and that frontline staff are kept up-to-date and knowledgeable of new products, performance (service and operational) issues, and corporate/branch objectives.
- Accountable for the development and effective management of the station’s operational budget.
- Drive accountability for revenue enhancement and cost containment.
- Ensure that on-going self-audits are conducted. Where self-audit or regulatory audit activities have revealed vulnerabilities, ensure identification of root cause and implementation of corrective measures.
- Collaborate with branch and local Resource and Training teams so as to ensure achievement of all safety, regulatory, and operational training goals.
- Ensure compliance with the Official Languages Act and applicable authorities.
- Recognize and acknowledge employees who consistently deliver service excellence.
- Build and maintain strong positive working relationships with employees and co-workers to ensure a productive and respectful work environment.
- Be recognized as a role model for leadership excellence.
- Be entrepreneurial. Act like it’s your own.
Note – are want to apply for the Singapore airline executives program, then check this link to apply online.
Eligibility Criteria of Air Canada Hiring
- Strong leadership, teamwork, and negotiation skills – significant experience leading, motivating and coaching large management and unionized workforce within a customer-oriented and fast-paced operational environment.
- Have a strong sense of courage to support the needs of the station, employees/customers, and our safety culture.
- Demonstrated ability to develop and implement action plans to achieve objectives.
- Focused on continuous improvement, must be creative and an innovative thinker.
- Possess an energetic and tenacious achievement orientation.
- Ability to think strategically, laterally, and conceptually.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving abilities.
- Strong business acumen.
- Excellent interpersonal, conflict resolution, and communication skills (written and verbal).
- Strong networking skills.
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to create and achieve a vision.
- Strong working knowledge of budget preparation, administration, and thorough understanding of P&L statements and standard accounting practices.
- Ability to meet deadlines, work under pressure, and achieve multiple objectives.
- Highly flexible and adaptable to support 24/7 operation – the ability to work irregular hours.
- Airport Operational knowledge is essential including experience as an airport functional manager.
- Knowledge of Airports processes and procedures.is an asset.
- Familiar with applicable Health and Safety standards and regulatory requirements as related to airport/airline operations
- University degree an asset.
Note – here you can find out the Wizz air cabin crew jobs in Thailand.
Diversity and Inclusion
Air Canada is strongly committed to Diversity and Inclusion and aims to create a healthy, accessible and rewarding work environment which highlights employees’ unique contributions to our company’s success.
As an equal opportunity employer, we welcome applications from all to help us build a diverse workforce that reflects the diversity of our customers, and communities, in which we live and serve.
How to Apply for Air Canada Vacancy
Friends if you want to apply for Air Canada director-station operator then first you need to visit their official website from the bellow button and you can apply online.