- Job Location Rome, Metropolitan City of Rome, Italy
- Salary N/A INR N/A Month
- Hiring Organization Qatar Airways
- Job Title HR Manager
- Apply Link
Qatar Airways are pleased to announce an incredibly exciting opportunity to join our HR team in Italy as HR Manager – Southern Europe.
As HR Manager based in Rome, you will add immediate value by contributing to the development and implementation of HR strategy in all areas of Recruitment, Organisational Design, Retention, Reward, Employee Relations, and Employee Engagement. You will lead the HR team & provide guidance and advice as well as coaching to line managers on HR policies, procedures, and processes.
You will be responsible for 6 countries – Italy, Malta, Spain, Portugal, Greece, and Cyprus and support our Commercial, Airport Services, Cargo, and Corporate teams.
This represents a fantastic opportunity to join a fast-paced and dynamic environment in a leading Aviation group to contribute to our continued development and evolution.
Key Accountabilities will include:
Working with line managers in a consultancy role, assisting line managers to understand and implement policies and procedures.
Managing an HR team of four.
- Providing 5- star HR support to the business, including documentation and approval process.
- Leading the HR agenda for the six countries supporting, coaching, and advising on HR processes.
- Manage the development of accurate job descriptions and the recruitment approval process.
- Operating as the communication hub for the HR team ensuring information flow and sharing of knowledge.
- Implementing and leading the HR component of any Change and Transformation Programs within the six markets.
- Implementing Human Resources policies such as performance management, disciplinary, and absence management.
- Providing advice and assistance on the performance evaluation and development planning process.
- Advising on pay and other remuneration issues including promotions and transfers.
- Communicating company policies, procedures, and processes to the business as required.
- Facilitating and assisting with providing training and coaching on key HR and Management skills to the business.
- Conducting research on Human Resource best practices and making recommendations as appropriate.
- Gathering data and statistical reports to make informed & commercial HR decisions.
- Assisting with composing correspondence and memoranda, reports, and documents.
- Acting as the local advisor on Employment legislation and working with relevant Unions and Employee Representative Committees.
- Ensuring all employees understand work health and safety requirements and expectations, through induction, instruction, training, and supervision.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent. A recognized accreditation in HR is ideal but not essential.
- Minimum of four years’ HR-related job experience within an International company, which will include a minimum of two years’ in an HR Management Role. You will ideally have strong HR experience within Italy, Malta, Spain, Portugal, Greece, and Cyprus.
- Proven people management skills, including experience in employee relations; strong mentoring, and coaching skills.
- You will have excellent interpersonal skills and an ability to engage, inspire, and influence people.
- Ability to work effectively in a fast-paced, ever-changing environment.
- Experience working and building productive relationships with Unions and Employee Representative Committees
- Fluency in English (written and spoken) is essential for this role. Italian, Spanish, and/ or Greek are highly desirable and preferred but not essential.
Note – You must also have the right to live and work in Italy to be considered for this opportunity.