Top 10 Biggest Planes in the World 
Welcome to Aviation Dreamer. Today I am gonna tell you the list of the top 10 biggest planes in the World. So, if you don’t know the list of the largest plane in the World? then read this article till the end.
We make this list after researching lots of information about each of the airlines. Normally we compare the airline fuel capacity, length, height, carrying capacity, the weight of the flights, number of engines, and many more. So, I hope you like this article and are very curious to know the list of the top 10 biggest planes in 2024.
List of Top 10 Biggest Planes in the World
- Antonov An-225 Mriya – Antonov 225 is considered the world’s largest aircraft; it is considered one of the monster cargo planes. It is one of the heaviest aircraft capable of bearing a maximum take-off weight of 710 tonnes. It’s incredibly fantastic to see. It is the longest wing aircraft from other aircraft and aircraft flying at 290 feet. This aircraft was designed to carry space airplanes, space shuttles, and rocket boosters, but after the closure of the Soviet space program, the aircraft was employed like other airplanes.
- Lockheed C-5A Galaxy – This aircraft is the largest military transport aircraft. Lockheed first made this. It is kept under watch by Lockheed Martin. Its weight is 172400 kg. Its wingspans are up to 68 meters long United States Air Force normally uses it It has 12 indoor wing tanks, which are used for air refueling. The weight of the entire plane is distributed over 28 wheels. It is useful for land and takeoff. Its length is 75. 31 meters and its height is 19.84 meters. It takes a takeoff roll of 1600 meters. It is an amazing plane, which can not be compared to any other plane.
- Airbus A380 – Initially, its name was Airbus A380, later named Airbus A-360. This is a huge 14-engine aircraft built by the European Air Bus. It is the world’s largest passenger aircraft, and the facility at which the airport is operated has to be increased. Airbus 360 can accommodate 555 people at one time, its fuel capacity is 320000 liters, its length is 73 meters, and its wingspan area is 79.75 meters. Now, this aircraft has its pride in countries like France, Germany, and Spain.
- Boeing 747 Dreamlifter – This aircraft was made by the Boeing Commercial Airplane. This first flight was done on 9 September 2006. Its primary use was done by airlines like Korean Air, Atlas Air, British Airways, and Lufthansa Airlines. The height is 70 feet, and the take-off run is 2804 meters. It can be filled with 200,000 liters of fuel. Its wings are 64.4 meters long, and its length is 71.68 meters. It has four engines along with wings which shows it is different from others.
- Airbus Beluga – It is also known as AirBus Super Transporter. It has been made by Airbus and used for Airbus Transport International. The cost to build it was 183 million euros. Its engines, wings, gears, and many other parts are similar to the Airbus A300. Its length is 56. 15 meters and Wings Spain is 44.84 meters. Its weight is 86.5 tons, and its fuel capacity is approximately about 35000 liters. They carry the rest of the aircraft and carry heavy and heavy goods.
- Boeing C-17 Globemaster III – This is a big military transport aircraft. McDonnell Douglas made it for the United States Air Force. It is used for strategic airlifts in which there are Army weapons, armor troops, and their other goods are taken from one place to another. There are three crew members Pilot, Co-pilot, and One LoadMaster. Its length is 53 meters, its wings span is 51.75 meters, and its height is 16.8 meters. Its fuel capacity is up to 135,000 liters, which is capable of taking a long flight itself.
- McDonnell Douglas KC-10 Extender – The national origin of this aircraft is the United States. Its manufacturer is McDonnell Douglas. It conducted it first flight on July 12, 1980, and its first use was made by United State Air Force and Royal Netherlands Air Force. Its unit cost was 88. 4 million dollars. It is used as an air-refueling tanker and in multi-role. Its crew has four-member aircraft commanders, co-pilots, flight engineers, and boom operators. Its length is 55.35 meters, and its wingspan is 50.41 meters. Its fuel capacity is close to 1,60,000, which can make a good long journey.
- Antonov An-124 Ruslan – Its national origin is the Soviet Union. The Aviastar-SP Antonov serial production plant created it. The first flight was done on December 24, 1982, and its primary consumer was the Russian Air Force, and Antonov Airlines, Volga-Dnepr Airlines. It is used under traffic aircraft. Its unit cost was close to $ 70 million to $ 100 million. It has 4-6 crew members like a pilot, co-pilot, an officer who shows direction, a senior flight engineer and radioman, and two loadmasters. From looking outside, it looks like a Lockheed c-5 galaxy. Its length is 68.96 meters, and its wingspan is 73.3 meters. Its height is 20.78 meters, its weight is 175000 kg, and it can be taken off with a maximum of 410000 kg weight.
- Super Guppy – The Super Guppy is called a monster Guppy. This aircraft has been assigned to NASA by every institute in the world. The first super-Guppy was taken from a Boeing C-97 Strato fighter and was made from a balloon fuselage flying in 1965. It was made by Aerospace line and Airbus and used for large-size cargo flight aircraft. Its primary use is by institutions like NASA Aerospace Line, Aero Martin, and Airbus. Its length is 43.84 meters, and its wingspan is 47.625 meters. Its height is 14. Seventy-eight meters and its weight is 40000 kg. Its max speed is 463 kilometers per hour, which is why it can travel long journeys in a short duration of time. After looking into the design, we can clearly say it is named Monster Super Gupi.
- Startolaunch – Scaled Composites makes it, and its first consumer is the star-to-launch system. It is used for the space-launch carrier. It has a twin fuselage, which makes it different from others Both fuselage size is 73 meters long. There are 28 wheels in total. The pilot, co-pilot, and flight engineers sit in its right fuselage, and the other fuselage is kept blank. It is considered the largest aircraft from Wings’ point of view, which is 117 meters long. Its height is 15 meters, and its maximum speed is 853 kilometers per hour. This is a very spectacular aircraft.
Here you can check out the Indigo Airline cabin crew jobs update for fresher candidates in 2022.
What are the top 10 biggest planes?
Here are the top 10 biggest planes in the world, in ascending order of their maximum takeoff weight:
1. Antonov An-225 Mriya
2. Lockheed C-5A Galaxy
3. Airbus A380
4. Boeing 747 Dreamlifter
5. Airbus Beluga
6. Boeing C-17 Globemaster III
7. McDonnell Douglas KC-10 Extender
8. Antonov An-124 Ruslan
9. Super Guppy
Which is the biggest plane in the world?
Antonov An-225 Mriya is the largest aircraft in the world. It has a maximum takeoff weight of 250 tonnes, a wingspan of 88.4 meters, and a length of 84 meters. The An-225 was designed to carry the Soviet Buran space shuttle, and only one An-225 was built. The aircraft is still in service today and is used to transport bulky cargo.
What is the 2nd largest plane?
The second largest aircraft in the world is the Antonov An-124 Ruslan. It has a maximum takeoff weight of 175 tonnes, a wingspan of 73.3 meters, and a length of 68.9 meters. The An-124 was designed to transport military cargo and is still in service with the Russian Air Force and other air forces around the world.
Is the 747 the biggest plane in the world?
No, the 747 is not the world's most gigantic plane. The Boeing 747 is a large passenger airliner first introduced in the 1970s. It is the longest commercial aircraft in operation, but it is not the heaviest or largest by wingspan.
Is the Boeing 777 bigger than the 787?
Yes, the Boeing 777 is bigger than the Boeing 787. The Boeing 777 is a wide-body jet airliner first introduced in 1995. It is the world's largest twin-engine jet airliner and can carry 426 passengers. In a typical two-class configuration. The Boeing 787 is a new aircraft that was first introduced in 2011 It is a mid-sized wide-body jet aircraft that can carry 330 passengers in a typical two-class configuration.
Is the Boeing 777 bigger than the 747?
The Boeing 777 is no bigger than the Boeing 747. The Boeing 747 is the longest commercial airliner and also has the largest wingspan. The Boeing 777 is a larger twin-engine jet than the Boeing 787, but smaller than the Boeing 747.
Here you can find out the Emirates Airlines cabin crew job interview updates and for Qatar Airways cabin crew jobs please check here. Also, you can get the latest updates about aviation from the Skytrax website.
Here you can check the latest aviation jobs for cabin crew, ground staff, and other aviation jobs.
I hope now you have a clear idea about the Biggest plane in the World. Also, you can check our home page for aviation job updates and interview tips as a fresher.
If you have any more queries related to aviation, please comment below, or you can contact me on my Facebook page or YouTube channel. Thank you.