What are the different types of passports in India? Explain in details
What is Passport
A passport is a travel document, usually issued by a country’s government, that certifies the identity and nationality of its holder primarily for the purpose of international travel to entering a country.
Air Travel Document
A passport is normally issued for ten years and is usually valid for all countries in the world. However, an agent will be confronted with many passports from various countries. And should always check the validity because it may vary. The expiry date of the document is very important. It’s can be located in different places within the document according to the country issue. It must never be assumed that all the document are the same as those issue in your country.
Purpose Of The Document
Other than allowing access to another country, the passport is used as a means of identification. It is also an evidence of a person having entered the country legally. Also, the passport is a proof of citizenship of a person because it’s provided by his or her adopted country.
There are different type of passport and this is
- NORMAL P – Most passengers travel with this type of passport. These are issued by a country to its citizens.
- OFFICIAL/SERVICE P –This passport is issued to people who are serving as a high government official for that particular time or till they are in the service. Once their term gets over the passport seizes to be invalid.
- DIPLOMATIC/COUNSELOR P – Issued to diplomatic or consular of the government officials on missions entitling the bearer to diplomatic as consular status under international law and custom.
- TEMPORARY/EMERGENCY P –This document is issued to people who go to HAJ. They apply it to the government body called a WAKF board where it issues a temporary passport. Also, this type of document could be issued if the document is lost or stolen when overseas to return home.
- JOINT/FAMILY P – Some country allows persons traveling together to hold a joint passport, which includes a spouse or children or both. It should be noted that any member of the family included in a joint passport cannot travel without the person named first in this document, the person to whom this document has been issued. Care should be exercised by the agent to ensure that any member of the family included in this document will, in fact, be traveling with the main holder at all times.
- ALINCE P -This is issued by a country to a resident who does not have citizenship. It also serves as a re-entry permit into their country of residence.
- LAISSEZ P – this type of document is issued by the UNITED NATIONS.
So these are the types that we can normally found in India. But some of the types of them was banned by the Indian government for less use. Now you can,t apply for those. So I think this article will help you to know more about this important document.
Other information about passport
Here are some important like that will help you to apply for online — so click here to go to the Government official website to check out the documentation required and many more.
Also, you can read my other articles related to this article –
Get your passport prior to police verification — click here
Get Airlines Job Interviews Details — click here
If you have more query you can go to the comment box and comment to me for a quick reply and also you can contact me –