Are you searching for British Airways cabin crew jobs? if yes then here is the information that can help you to become a BA cabin crew.
In this article, you will get full information about British Airways cabin crew requirements criteria, job description, BA cabin crew salary, and their benefit’s in detail.
So, just you need to read this article till the end to apply for British airways air hostess jobs.
British Airways Cabin Crew Requirements Criteria
- Be aged 18 or over
- Be between 5’2” (1.575m) and 6’1” (1.85m) tall, with weight in proportion to your height.
- Grab a valid passport (with 12 months before the expiration date) with an unrestricted right to live and work in the UK and which allows unrestricted global travel.
- You must be able to acquire a US Visa.
- Have a vertical function reach of at least 2.01m (6’7).
- Have 3 GCSE’s at Grade C or above or the equivalent (excluding General Studies and Critical Thinking).
- Be fluent in written and spoken English.
- Able to swim 50m (55 yards).
- Desirable in customer service experience.
- Record Check.
- Be able to obtain and keep an airside pass.
- Be able to work shifts to cover 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days for the entire career.
- Conduct stand-by duties close to your airport base.
- Have no visible tattoos or body piercing.
- To provide satisfactory references for the last 5 years and to undergo a Criminal
BA Cabin Crew Job Description (Pre-flight & On-Flight)
- You should attend the British Airways cabin crew pre-flight briefing, where cabin crew are assigned their job positions for the upcoming flight
- The crew are notified about the flight details and schedule
- British Airways stewardess will be advised if there are passengers with any special requirements e.g. special meal requests, passengers who may have accessibility or communication challenges, wheelchairs, VIPs, frequent flyer passengers, number of infants requiring infant seats are just a few considerations before boarding
- Cabin crew need to carry out pre-flight duties such as –
checking the safety equipment,
ensuring the aircraft is clean and tidy,
checking that all required refreshments are on board including special dietary requests
relevant landing cards are loaded
first aid equipment is checked and replenished where necessary
- Cabin crew enjoy welcoming passengers on board and directing them to their seats, helping them secure all hand luggage in the appropriate place
- Cabin Crew need to ensure that all walkways and exits are not obstructed for the duration of the flight
- Cabin crew need to swiftly and diplomatically resolve any seating issues before preparation for take-off
- Cabin crew inform all passengers of the aircraft safety procedures
- Cabin crew check every passenger’s seat belt is in place and securely fastened
- Cabin crew ensure that the galley equipment is safe and secure prior to take-off
- Cabin crew may need to make clear, timely announcements and keep passengers informed of any delays
- Cabin crew need to be visible to passengers in the cabin to answer questions during the flight
- Cabin crew provide timely professional service to passengers at all times e.g. when serving meals and refreshments
- Cabin crew may be required to sell duty-free goods and advise passengers of any duty-free allowance limitations/restrictions at their destination
- Cabin crew may be required to administer first aid to the passenger(s). If/when required, medical situations should be dealt with in a discrete and professional manner whilst keeping the situation and passenger calm and reassured
- The cabin crew needs to ensure that all passengers disembark safely at the end of a flight. All overhead lockers, public areas, toilets, and galleys need to be carefully checked to ensure that nobody has left their belongings on board the plane
- Cabin crew need to complete all necessary paperwork such as stock control, logging of any faults, incidents or problems which may have occurred during the flight before ending their shift
- Cabin crew need to liaise with the ground staff, they are an important part of the team too
- Cabin crews work as Effective communication is essential to ensuring that you are part of a happy crew. This will attitude will equate to more satisfied passengers.
- Happy satisfied customers potentially become regular loyal airline flyers with your Cabin Crew team.
- Every shift is an opportunity for you and your team so shine, so make sure you give yourself every opportunity to do just that. Excellent customer service is a skill you can use every single flight!
Note – if you don’t have a professional resume for this interview, you can download a free resume sample here and if you need a premium resume from me! Which you can use for your all jobs. please mail on [email protected] (it will cost you only 8.55 USD per resume) with your all details. within 2 working days, I will give you a premium resume or CV.
British Airways Air Hostess salary
- Salary – As a BA cabin crew you can get between £21,000 & £25,000 per annum. This comprises of a starting salary of £12,192 per annum. Which is one of the best salary structures in the industry?
- Bonus – You’ll receive an extra hourly payment when you’re flying, performance-related bonuses or annual increments, and commission for in-flight retail sales.
Also, you can check out the cabin crew interview dress code. If you are applying for British Airways careers as a cabin crew.
British Airways Air Hostess Benefits
- Annual leave starts at 30 days per year rising to 34 days per year.
- Preference bidding (you can bid for certain destinations and state if you would prefer long or shortfall flying) but nothing is guaranteed and you will always have to do both long and short-haul as it is in your contract.
- Investment in ongoing training and development (Great to further your career prospects with a very reputable airline)
- Attractive travel concessions across an extensive network and other airlines
- Unlimited discounted airfares for your friends and family
- Contributory company pension scheme (worth having)!
- Life insurance
- Subsidized staff restaurants (and often worldwide restaurants with your employee ID card)
- Julien MacDonald designer uniform
- Secure car parking close to Terminal 5 (whilst operating only as crew)
- Free airport parking at Heathrow whilst on holiday
- Discounts at selected car hire, hotels and retail stores (on presentation of your staff ID pass)
- Excellent facilities at the award-winning Terminal 5 at Heathrow which includes our state-of-the-art Crew Report Centre
- Bonuses awarded on performance and commission for inflight retail sales.
Note – all the benefits will be provided after 6 months of joining. If you are looking for cabin crew jobs in United airlines please check the link and also you can check here for Emirates airline’s latest vacancy for cargo agent.
How to Apply Online for British Airways Cabin Crew Jobs
Friends if you are interested to apply for British Airways cabin crew online, please click here. The airline has cabin crew vacancies for Heathrow and London.
So, just you need to visit their official website from the above link and give some MCQ question answer and fill your information you can apply online easily.
British Airways Cabin Crew Interview Process Steps
- Stary your journey with BA – On the first day of the Interview you should come in with the preparation for British Airways. All the information you can get from our official career page. If you are passed this initial screening test. you will call for a one to one assessment day.
- Assessment Center Rounds – This interview is held twice a day at the British Airways recruitment center at their Waterside head office near Heathrow. Normally in this round, they will check your skills, take some tests, role play, and group exercise. Also, they will check your interest to work as a cabin crew British airways.
- Offer Latter – After successfully done the assessment day we will send you an offer and contract with the job starting date from our application portal.
- Candidate Records Check – Now time to check your background and records. Normally airline checks your pre-employment and security checks, criminal record checks, also ask for a medical check, uniform fitting.
- Joining British Airways Cabin Crew Team – Now you done all the interview rounds. British Airways will invite you to attend your cabin crew entrant training.
Friends, I think now you can apply for British Airways cabin crew jobs. But for some important thing that you remember that, allows keep ready your document when you will go and site for apply online.
Because it’s required you all documents like educational documents, personal documents, and experience documents.
So, if you have any more queries on this topic or related to aviation jobs or aviation industry please feel free to contact me. Also, you can contact me on my Facebook page or YouTube channel for more information.