Do you look for (ATC) air traffic controller jobs in India? You can then check out the full details about the latest job vacancy news for junior ATC officers. All males and females can apply for this job online.
If you are interested in applying for air traffic controller jobs, check the below details to apply online. Because in the below section, we have mentioned the ATC requirement criteria, air traffic controller job role, salary, and how to apply online.
Friends, if your dream is to become an ATC, then in India, there is only one way, through the AAI (Airport Authority of India). AAI is an Indian government organization, and an ATC officer is a government employee. So, we all know the benefits of government staff.
So, if you are a graduate engineer and looking for a good-paying job, then air traffic controller jobs can be a good option for you.
AAI Latest Job Vacancy List
|Job Title||Qualification||Experience||Total Vacancy||Apply Online|
|3 Years B.Sc degree in Physics & Mathematics or Bachelor’s|
Degree in Engineering
|No experience reqierd||264||click here|
|B.E / B. Tech Degree in|
Mechanical or Automobile
|5 years’ work|
|B.E / B. Tech Degree in Fire|
Engg./ Mechanical Engg./
|5 years’ work|
|Graduate in Science and|
MBA of 2 years duration.
OR Bachelor’s degree in
|No experience||83||click here|
|B.E / B. Tech Degree in|
Mechanical or Automobile
|No experience||08||click here|
Eligibility Criteria for Air Traffic Controller Jobs
- Degree/Diploma/Certificate/Membership Examination should be from a Recognized/Deemed university with minimum 60% marks or equivalent for Bachelor’s Degree and also for P.G.
- Candidates having B.E./B. Tech/ B. Sc. (Engg.) The degree is allowed to apply against the posts for which the essential qualification is prescribed as a Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering.
- Applicant age must be a maximum of 27 years for the post of Junior ATC. [also there have some age relaxation for PWD/SC/ST & OBC]
- Only Indian nationals can apply for these jobs.
- Apply to all the applicants who are just waiting for their final year result. But remember they need to submit their result at the time of documentation.
Air Traffic Controller Job description
The primary concern of air traffic controllers jobs is safety, but they must efficiently direct the aircraft to minimize delays. They manage the flow of aircraft in and out of the airport, guide pilots during takeoff and landing, and monitor the aircraft as they travel through the sky. Air traffic controllers use radar, computers, or visual references to monitor and direct the movement of aircraft in air and ground traffic at airports.
- Monitor and direct the movement of aircraft on the ground and in the air
- Control all ground traffic at airport runways and taxiways
- Air traffic controller jobs are instructions to pilots for landing and takeoff
- Transfer control of departing flights to other traffic control centers and accept control of arriving flights
- Inform pilots about the weather, runway closures, and other critical information
- Alert airport response staff in the event of an aircraft emergency
Salary of Air Traffic Controller
So, friends, as a fresher, you will get a good salary scale as a junior air traffic controller in India. As per the AAI job advertisement, a junior ATC executive salary is Rs. 40,000.
In addition to Basic pay, Dearness Allowance, Perks @ 35% of Basic pay, HRA, and other benefits, which include CPF, Gratuity,
Social Security Schemes, Medical benefits, etc., are admissible as per AAI rules.
Note – The CTC per annum for the post of Manager CTC would be around Rs. 18 lacs (approximately), and for the post of Junior.
Executive, it would be around Rs. 12 lacs (approximately).
Note – Freinds; you need to have a great resume for cabin crew interviews. If you don’t have that, you can get help from our aviation resume expert. HURRY
How to Apply Online for ATC Jobs
Friends before applying for air traffic controller jobs please check the above criteria. If you are qualified for the position then please click here to apply online.
Remember you need to check the website after 15.12.2023. Because the application process will be started after that date. Then you can fill up the online application form and submit it.
|Application Open Date||Application Closing Date|
Note – if you want to apply for any other airlines like Qatar Airways cabin crew jobs please check the link. Also, you can check out American Airlines’ latest jobs here.
Selection Process of Air Traffic Controller Jobs
- Before applying for the posts, the candidate should ensure that he/she fulfills the eligibility and other norms mentioned in the Advertisement. Furnishing of wrong/false information will lead to disqualification and AAI
will not be responsible for any consequence of furnishing such wrong/false information.
- On the basis of the details furnished in the application form, candidates shall be called for an Online examination, and admit cards shall be issued to them accordingly. The admit card for the online examination will be sent to the eligible candidates on their registered E-mail IDs only.
- There will not be any negative markings for the wrong answers attempted by the candidates.
- Candidates will be shortlisted on the basis of their performance in the Online examination and they will be called for Documents verification / Interview / Physical Measurement and Endurance Test/ Driving Test/ Voice test, as applicable for the post.
- Roll numbers of the candidates, shortlisted for Documents verification / Interview /Physical Measurement and Endurance Test/ Driving Test/ Voice test, as applicable for the post will be declared on the AAI website only. The call letter will be sent to the shortlisted candidates on their registered E-mail IDs only.
- Candidates already working in Central Government / State Government / Autonomous Body / Public Sector Undertaking are required to produce a “NO OBJECTION CERTIFICATE” from the present employer at the time
of documents verification/interview, failing which his/her candidature will not be considered. Other claims such as undertaking to resign in the event of selection, acknowledged copy of applied NOC/Resignation Letter, Experience Certificate, etc. shall not be considered in place of NOC.
- During the Documents verification/Interview, the candidate will have to produce Original Certificates along with proof of identity and one set of self-attested photocopies of all the Certificates. If the identity of the candidate is in doubt or he/she is not able to produce the requisite documents or there is a mismatch of information in the documents, his/her candidature will be rejected. No additional time will be given for producing original documents.
- For the post of Manager (Fire Services), an Online examination will be followed by document verification, Physical Measurement& Endurance Test which includes Running, Causality Carrying, Pole Climbing, Ladder Climbing& Rope Climbing, and Driving Test.
- Candidates selected for the post of Manager (Fire Services) are required to produce Light Motor Vehicle License at the time of Document Verification/ Driving Test, failing which, the candidature will not be considered. A temporary/ Learning License will not be accepted. Only those candidates, who qualify for the Physical Measurement & Endurance Test and Driving Test will be allowed to appear for an interview. On selection, the candidate must acquire a heavy vehicle driving license within two years of induction, failure to do so will make them ineligible for promotion and to draw a third annual increment onwards.
- For the post of Junior Executive (Airport Operations), Light Motor Vehicles License is essential. A temporary/Learning License will not be accepted.
- For the post of Junior Executive (Air Traffic Control), an Online examination will be followed by document verification, Voice Test, and Background Verification. The candidate shall have minimum proficiency in both spoken and written English of the level of 10+2 standard. The candidate shall have passed English as one of the subjects in 10th or 12th standard. On selection, he/she shall also attain ICAO language minimum proficiency level 4 (Operational) for the purpose of issue of license or rating. Any candidate who is not able to attain ICAO proficiency level 4 or above during the training, his/her services are liable to be terminated.
- The provisional selection of the candidates will be as per the merit list, prepared on the basis of their performance in the Online Examination / Interview /Physical Measurement and Endurance Test/ Driving Test/
Voice test and Background Verification [for Junior Executive (ATC)], as applicable for the post, subject to meeting all other eligibility criteria prescribed for the post.
- Roll numbers of the candidates provisionally selected for appointment will be declared on the AAI website. The Offer letter will be sent to the provisionally selected candidates on their registered E-mail IDs only. The candidates selected for the post of Junior Executive (ATC) and Manager (Fire Services) will have to undergo training, during which they will be paid basic pay along with other admissible allowances.
- Selection of candidates shall be provisional, subject to verification of documents relating to eligibility criteria, character and antecedents/background check, caste certificate/ Other Backward Classes (Non-Creamy Layer Certificate)/ EWS Certificate and other documents submitted by the candidate and is also subject to his/her meeting the requisite medical standards for the post and other requirements applicable for appointments under the rules of AAI.
- The candidates selected for the post of Junior Executive (ATC) & Manager (Fire Services)shall have to execute a surety bond for a number of Rupees Seven Lakhs and Rupees Five Lakhs respectively to serve the Airports Authority of India for a period of 03 years after completion of training.
- Selected candidates will be liable to be posted anywhere in India.
I think this article will help you to attend the air traffic controller jobs. We hope you will get successful in this interview. If you need help with aviation interviews, please check our article on the airline’s interview tips and tricks.
Do you have any questions to ask me? Related to Aviation jobs or Airlines Jobs. Feel free to comment in the comment box, or you can contact me on my Facebook page and YouTube channel by the same name. I also requested you share this article with all your friends and help them join the Aviation Industry.