Hello all its a good news for all of us that IGI Airport entered the club of the top 20 airports across the world, as per the Airport Council International’s preliminary report on airport traffic for 2017, and this report was published on April 9, 2018.
While, New York’s John F. Kennedy International Airport was pushed out of the top 20 club, with the entry of the IGI Airport.
GMR group run this airport over the years from the day of starting the journey of IGI Airport. The airport jumped from the 22nd position in 2016 to 16th in 2017 as per the report. Now according to the Airports Council International IGI airport is one of the fastest-growing airports in the world for passenger traffic.
And India has become the largest aviation market in the world.
The ACI said, Delhi IGI Airport, the country’s busiest airport for passenger traffic, grew by 14.1 percent year-over-year at 63.45 million.
Delhi’s Indira Gandhi International (IGI) Airport is also ranked No1 Airport in India. Also, there are many airports which were doing a great rank in 2017. And friend it’s just an indication to grow the aviation market among the country and outside the country.
Here is the list of top 20 airports that are ranked in 2017:
1. Hartsfield-Jackson Atlanta International Airport (Georgia) – 104 m pax
2. Beijing Capital International Airport (China) – 96 m pax
3. Dubai International Airport (UAE) – 88 m pax
4. Haneda International Airport (Tokyo) – 85 m pax
5. Los Angeles International Airport (California) – 84.6 m pax
6. O’Hare International Airport (Chicago) – 80 m pax
7. Heathrow Airport (London) – 78 m pax
8. Hong Kong International Airport – 73 m pax
9. Shanghai Pudong International Airport (China) – 70 m pax
10. Aeroport de Paris-Charles de Gaulle (France) – 69 m pax
11. Amsterdam Airport Schiphol (Netherlands) – 68.5 m pax
12. Dallas/Fort Worth International Airport (Texas) – 67 m pax
13. Guangzhou Bai Yun International Airport (China) – 66 m pax
14. Frankfurt Am Main Airport (Germany) – 64.5 m pax
15. Atatürk International Airport (Istanbul) – 64 m pax
16. Indira Gandhi International Airport (New Delhi) – 63.5 m pax
17. Soekarno-Hatta International Airport (Jakarta) – 63 m pax
18. Singapore Changi Airport (Singapore) – 62.22 m pax
19. Incheon International Airport (South Korea) – 62.16 m pax
20. Denver International Airport (Colorado) – 61 m pax
Also, here are some ranked airport in India and all Calculation published by ACI (Airports Council International) —
Apart from IGI Airport, the airports of Kolkata, Hyderabad, Bengaluru, and Chennai. Were also ranked among the fastest-growing airport’s world with one-year growth of 26.9 percent, 19.6 percent, 12.9 percent, and 10.5 percent, respectively, in 2017. Check out this video about rant IGI T3.
Other information about IGI airport to improve –
And also we can tell that this is the airport to proud to be an Indian. and really we should develop our country allows like this. This airport is handled by GMR group.
There staff also providing their 100% to the all over the world there best service and make this airport more efficient and capable to compete with the other and ranked.
To check out my other article — click here
Indigo Airline’s jobs vacancies for Ground Staff and Cabin Crew — click here
Also, you can connect with my YouTube channel —click here
and Facebook page — Click here