Friends, do you want to work at Nashville International Airport as a ground crew? Then here you can check out Nashville Airport job as a Ramp officer at Southwest Airlines. All US nationals males and females can apply for this Southwest Airlines jobs in Nashville.
So, if you want to be a part of the Nashville Airport job as a Ramp officer, then you need to read this article till the end. Because in this article you will get details information like Southwest Airlines ground crew requirement criteria, job descriptions, salary, benefits, Southwest Airlines interview process, and how you can apply for airport jobs in Nashville TN.
About Southwest Airline
Southwest Airlines is a low-cost carrier based in Dallas, Texas. It was founded in 1967 by Herb Kelleher and Rollin King. It is the largest domestic airline in the United States and flies to over 120 destinations. Southwest is known for its friendly service and no-frills approach to flying. Southwest Airlines is one of the safest airlines in the world.
Nashville Airport Job Requirement Criteria
- Must possess a valid state motor vehicle operator’s license
- Must be able to obtain a SIDA badge and meet all local airport requirements
- May be required by Station Leadership to obtain a Customs Seal and meet all requirements to work for international flights
- Requires you to obtain and maintain USPS Clearance and meet all requirements to handle US Mail
- Must be able to lift and move items of 70 pounds and/or more on a regular basis and repetitively lift weights of 40 to 50 pounds on raised surfaces
- Must be able to climb, bend, kneel, crawl, and stoop on a frequent basis and for extended periods
- Must be able to work in cramped or high places
- Must be able to carry heavy items up and down jetway stairs
- Must maintain the ability to wear prescribed uniforms
- Must maintain a well-groomed appearance per Company appearance standards as described in established guidelines
- Must be a U.S. citizen or have authorization to work in the United States as defined by the Immigration Reform Act of 1986
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Must be able to comply with Company attendance standards as described in established guidelines
- Ability to work shift work and/or overtime
Here you can check out the latest Delta Airlines flight attendant jobs in the USA.
Nashville Airport Ramp Officer Job Descriptions
- Provides friendly service to and maintains positive relationships with all internal and external Customers
- Works in a cooperative spirit to ensure the success of our Company
- Responsible for providing legendary Customer service to people desiring to travel, and use cargo or baggage service by servicing aircraft at ramps and terminals
- Loads unload, services, guides, and directs Company Aircraft
- Receives and records Customer baggage, air freight, mail, and company materials as required
- Handles all aspects of loading, stowing, and unloading baggage, cargo airmail, air freight, ballast, and company materials according to a predetermined plan received either electronically or manually from an Operations Agent. Submits, either electronically or manually, a Cargo Bin Loading Slip (CBLS) to an Operations Agent
- Picks up, delivers, and transports cargo and baggage to and from aircraft and prepares records in connection with these responsibilities
- Warehouses, weighs, stacks, picks up, and delivers air cargo, checks air cargo handled against accompanying forms to identify any mishandling or discrepancies and corrects routine errors
- Safeguards Customers’ baggage, air cargo, air mail, and COMAT from weather, loss, theft, damage, and/or destruction
- Uses jetway stairs frequently to carry items checked at the gate to the aircraft bin
- Reviews cargo forms for accuracy and corrects forms as necessary
- Performs interior aircraft cabin cleaning by hand, including sweeping upholstery, cleaning windows, galleys, and disposal containers in accordance with applicable paperwork
- Cleans and services lavatories operate lavatory carts and dispose of contents in accordance with established procedures
- May perform duties of a Provisioning Agent, including stocking aircraft cabin interiors for flights with equipment and supplies such as literature, disposal, and refuse containers and commissary items in accordance with applicable paperwork. Maintains an inventory of such items and supplies
- Transports cabin and cleaning equipment between aircraft storage area
- Operates and/or drives motorized equipment, such as belt loaders, air start units, lift trucks, push-back tugs, bag carts, lavatory carts, and de-icers
- Manually pushes and pulls push carts and containers
- Works in the vicinity of and between passenger terminals, hangars, and airfreight facilities, both indoors and outdoors
- May be exposed to a wide variety of weather conditions, jet and machinery noises, fumes, dirt, and dust for extended periods of time
- Completes forms and paperwork connected with work assignments according to established procedures, and enters such information into the Company’s information system as required
- Duties vary by size and organization of the station.
- Provides friendly service to all Co-workers and Customers. Has routine contact with people outside of the Company such as delivery agents, shippers, etc.
- Must be able to meet any physical ability requirements listed in this description
- May perform other job duties as directed by Employee Leaders
Here you can check out the latest jobs for Alaska flight attendants in 2023.
Nashville Airport Job in September 2023
|Job Title||Location||Apply Now|
|Ramp Agent||Dallas, Texas, United States||Click Here|
|Ramp Agent||Baltimore, Maryland, United States||Click Here|
|Ramp Agent||Omaha, Nebraska, United States||Click Here|
|Ramp Agent||East Boston, Massachusetts, United States||Click Here|
|Ramp Agent||San Jose, California, United States||Click Here|
Here you can check out the latest flight attendant job in Toronto, Canada.
How to Apply for Airline Jobs in Nashville TN
If you have checked all the above information related to the Nashville Airport job and now you want to apply then first you need to click here. This will take you to the airline’s official job posting. Then you need to click on the “Apply Now” button.
First, you need to register yourself on the Southwest Airlines official page and login yourself to apply online. After logging, you need to fill out the application form step by step for Southwest jobs in Nashville Airport online.
Note – also you can check out the latest flight attendant job in Australia.
Southwest Airlines Interview Process
- Phone interview – This is a brief interview to assess your basic qualifications and interest in the role.
- Onsite interview – This is a more in-depth interview with a panel of Southwest Airlines employees. You will be asked behavioral questions about your past experiences, as well as questions about your knowledge of Southwest Airlines and its culture.
- Background check – Once you have been offered a job, you will be required to pass a background check.
Southwest Airlines Ground Crew Salary And Benefits
If you want to become a Ramp Officer in Southwest Airlines then you can earn $19 per hour with the other benefits. As a Southwest staff, you will get an extra hourly charge for the flight which is great.
Benefits of Southwest Staff
- Fly for free, as a privilege, on any open seat on all Southwest flights (your eligible dependents too)
- Up to a 9.3% 401(k) Company match, dollar for dollar, of your eligible pay, per paycheck *
- Potential for annual ProfitSharing contribution toward retirement – when Southwest profits, you profit.
Which airline gives the best salary?
Which airlines give more salary?
Most Common Southwest Airlines Job Interview Questions?
2. Tell me about a time when you went above and beyond for a customer.
3. How would you handle a difficult customer?
4. What are your strengths and weaknesses?
5. Where do you see yourself in five years?
6. What do you know about Southwest Airlines’ culture?
7. How do you think your skills and experience would be a good fit for Southwest Airlines?
8. What are your salary expectations?
9. Do you have any questions for me?
What is the Southwest Airlines ground crew salary?
What is Southwest Airlines’ top Salary?
1. Software Engineer: Average annual salary of $124,000
2. Data Scientist: Average annual salary of $117,000
3. Business Analyst: Average annual salary of $102,000
4. Pilot: Average annual salary of $173,000
5. Flight Attendant: Average annual salary of $65,000
Here you can check out flight attendant interview questions and answers for freshers. Which will help you to get prepared for your interview day.
So, I hope this article will help you apply for a Nashville Airport job as a Ramp Officer in the USA. You need to apply now and wait for a few days to get a reply from the airline HR. Now just you need to wait and get prepared for the flight attendant job.
If you need help regarding interview question answers then check out our website’s main menu aviation interview suggestion tab and get interview tips.
If you have any more queries related to aviation jobs and interview tips, you can comment below or contact me on my Facebook page and YouTube channel. Thank you.