Do you want to become a flight attendant? Then here you will get detailed information about Alaska Airlines flight attendant jobs for freshers. So, if you are an American national or have a working permit in America then, all the male and female applicants can apply for Alaska Airlines flight attendant requirements.
So, friends if you want to apply for flight attendant jobs in October 2023. Then you need to read this article till the end. In this article, you will get detailed information about Alaska Airlines flight attendant requirements criteria, job descriptions, and how to apply online for Alaska Airlines flight attendant jobs.
Friends as all of you know Alaska Airlines is one of the most popular airlines in America. Alaska Airlines is the sixth largest airline in North America. The airline was founded in 1932. They almost operate 329 flights for 117 destinations.
Company Name – Alaska Airlines
Job Title – Flight Attendant
Job Location – Washington, United States
Closing Date – None
Application Process – Online
Flight Attendant Jobs Requirements Criteria
- 2 years of customer service experience.
- Able to reach 80 vertical inches while wearing shoes and/or standing on your toes.
- Comfortable being in a swimming pool with a life vest during emergency training and in water during an inflight emergency.
- Able to properly secure oneself in a jump seat with a harness without using a seat belt extension; able to expeditiously move through the cabin aisle in emergency and non-emergency situations.
- Must be able to meet the company’s uniform and appearance standards.
- Able to push and pull service carts, open and close overhead bins, and walk and stand for significant periods of time.
- Able to relocate to any of our flight attendant bases: Los Angeles CA, Portland OR, Seattle WA, San Diego CA, Anchorage AK, and San Francisco CA.
- Able to serve alcohol.
- Possess basic technology skills to navigate necessary tools on a mobile device.
- Ability and willingness to travel extensively and be away from home overnight for multiple days at a time working varied schedules, including nights, weekends, and holidays.
- Able to attend 5 weeks of unpaid training in Seattle if selected.
- Must have a high school diploma or equivalent.
- Must be a US citizen or registered alien with the legal right to accept employment.
- Ability to possess and/or obtain a current passport prior to the start date with unlimited access in and out of the United States. Employees with non-U.S. passports also will need any appropriate travel documentation. Must be able to fly unrestricted in and out of all countries within which Alaska Airlines operates.
- Minimum age of 21.
- Ability to communicate in English.
Here you can check out Emirates Airline’s latest cabin crew jobs for all over the World.
Jobs Descriptions of Alaska Airlines Flight Attendant
- Own safety: understand and comply with all safety regulations, ensure all safety equipment on aircraft is in working order, and conduct emergency procedures as needed. Support the safety and security of oneself and other crewmembers while in-flight, in airport terminals, and during layovers while away from home. Calmly resolve passenger situations during flight, including emergency situations.
- Do the right thing: understand company policies and procedures to complete all onboard duties for the position assigned. Be empowered to know when to make exceptions to make things right for guests.
- Be kind-hearted: create an exceptional and inclusive experience for guests and fellow employees by demonstrating empathy and compassion.
- Deliver performance: always focus on safe on-time performance. Be proficient in utilizing an Inflight Mobile Device (IMD) to complete onboard duties, service flow, and elite guest recognition.
- Be remarkable: conduct oneself as a brand ambassador while at work, whenever in uniform, and on social media.
Here you can check out the American Airlines flight attendant vacancy for freshers.
How to Apply for Flight Attendant Jobs
Friends if you have checked all the information and now you are ready to apply for the Alaska Airlines flight attendant jobs. Then first you need to visit the airline’s official page by clicking here. It will redirect you to the airline job notification page, where you can fill up the application form.
Benefits of Alaska Airlines Flight Attendant
- This role pays per collective bargaining agreement.
- Medical, dental, and vision benefits
- 401k program
- The monthly incentive pay plan
- The annual incentive pay plan
- Travel privileges on Alaska Airlines & Horizon Air
To get hired as a flight attendant, you must be at least 18 years old, have a current passport, have at least 20/40 vision, and pass a drug test and background check. You might also need to pass a medical examination and meet an airline’s height requirements.
Flight attendants make an average annual wage of $62,680, according to May 2022 data from the Bureau of Labor Statistics.
Yes, the process of becoming a flight attendant is challenging. There are up to 1.5 million job applications for 5,000 to 10,000 jobs hiring. It’s very competitive and the training process is long, sometimes taking up to 3 to 6 months for the entire process.
Airlines provide a three- to six-week training program for their flight attendants.
The Maximum age to apply for a flight attendant position for freshers/ experienced (non-cabin crew) candidates is 27 years.
Here you can check out flight attendant interview questions and answers for freshers. Which will help you to get prepared for your interview day.
So, I hope this article will help you apply for Alaska Airlines flight attendant jobs in Dallas. You need to apply now and wait for a few days to get a reply from the airline HR. Now you just need to wait and get prepared yourself for the flight attendant job.
If you need help regarding interview question answers then check out our website’s main menu aviation interview suggestion tab and get interview tips.
If you have any more queries related to aviation jobs and interview tips, you can comment below, or you can contact me on my Facebook page and YouTube channel. Thank you.